About Local Practice Groups
Local practice groups provide a weekly or biweekly, venue for understanding, learning, and applying NVC skills. There is no charge for attending, and both beginners and well-versed practitioners can attend unless otherwise noted by a group. To best experience NVC Practice Groups, we suggest reading the basic NVC text, Nonviolent Communication, A Language of Life, by Marshall Rosenberg, Ph.D. and its accompanying workbook, Nonviolent Communication Companion Workbook, by Lucy Leu. These books are offered for sale at the Practice Groups – please let the group contact person know in advance if you wish to purchase them.
Local Practice Groups
- Second and Fourth Mondays from 6:30-8:15 p.m. First Unitarian Universalist Church of Nashville, 1808 Woodmont Blvd, Nashville, 37215. This group is open to all and meets in the red Morgan house behind the church. Contact Diane Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org, Marijo Cook at email@example.com, or Michelle Andrade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesdays from 11:45 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Vanderbilt Divinity Library (ground floor of the central Jean and Alexander Heard Library), Room #221 — a private room to the right of the library desk. Please enter from the 21st Ave South street entrance. Contact Alan Leiserson, email@example.com, or Fifi Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org, for information . Please bring a lunch if you wish. Everyone is welcome.
- First and Third Thursdays in Clarksville from 6:30-8:30 p.m. LEAP Plaza Board room, 1860 Wilma Rudolph Blvd., Clarksville. Contact Misti Schroeter at email@example.com, 931-933-8739.
- Second and Fourth Thursdays from 12:00-1:15 p.m. Unity of Nashville, 5125 Franklin Pike, Nashville 37220. In the red brick house next to the church. You can bring a brown bag lunch if you wish. Contact Fifi Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or Joanna Carnahan at email@example.com for information.
- First and Third Sundays from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. The Fireside Room of the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Nashville, 1808 Woodmont Blvd., 37215. The group is largely comprised of members of the church, but is open to anyone. Contact Alan Leiserson, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.