81 people registered for the workshop and 89% of those who filled out a feedback form rated the workshop a 4 or 5 on a 1-5 scale.
with Susan Skye
March 27 to March 29, 2015
Have you ever:
- Felt frustrated because the principles you want to live by and the values you hold dear are not always expressed in your words and actions?
- Wondered how and why you get triggered into fear, anger, guilt, or shame?
- Hoped to unravel the mystery of failed relationships — empowering yourself to create or restore deeply satisfying connections with others?
- Looked for proven healing processes that transform even persistent patterns of emotional reactivity (fight, flight, freeze) into emotional calm and stability?
- Wished for a personal road map to self-empowerment? A guide to lasting well-being, authenticity, self-worth, and inner peace?
Living NVC can be very challenging. Susan Skye, CNVC certified trainer for over twenty years and founder of the NVC Training Institute, has also grappled with these questions.
As she observed the incredible prevalence and impact of early childhood trauma and neglect (estimated to affect over 50% of our population) and then learned about the amazing and wonderful breakthroughs in neuroscience, Susan began to understand why we are emotionally reactive and how old childhood strategies can become obstacles to connection and well-being.
Susan has pioneered processes that actually physically rewire our brains, creating new neural pathways that enable us to live in alignment with our most cherished spiritual and emotional values. For more detailed information about Susan’s work, visit newdepths.org.
Come discover the worlds of possibilities that open up when the latest brain science findings are used to deepen our NVC skills and consciousness.
“This is one of the most powerful healing approaches I’ve ever seen. Every mental health and personal development professional, as well as anyone on a personal healing journey, will want to experience this.”
-Fred Sly, PhD Psychologist and CNVC Certified Trainer
- Your Brain in the Palm of Your Hand – an easy-to-understand overview of the brain and how it impacts our experience.
- The Limbic System, Reactivity and Trauma – the basics of our fight, flight, and freeze responses and how to calm our emotional alarm system.
- Brain Plasticity and the Pathway to Healing – how to build new neural pathways that enable us to behave in authentic ways that support our thriving.
- The World of Authentic Needs – the living energy of our needs, the key unmet needs we had as children, and how those unmet needs relate to our behavior and reactions today.
- What Empathy Really Is and Its Surprising Role in Healing – discover what distinguishes empathy that heals from “empathy” that doesn’t, and have an immediate, personal experience of each.
Susan Skye, creator of New Depths, has an M.A. in Psychology and graduated from Bryn Mawr College, Yale University, and Pacifica Institute. She’s been in private consulting practice for more than 35 years, and has been a Certified Trainer with the Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC) for more than 22 years. While Assistant Dean at UCLA in the early 1970s, she co-created and taught the Women’s Studies Program. Since 1975, Susan has conducted a wide variety of self-development trainings in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and South Korea. In 2000, she co-founded the NVC Training Institute to provide advanced NVC training worldwide, and served as CNVC’s North and South American Certification Coordinator for 10 years. She created the New Depths program in 2010.
When: Friday March 27 to Sunday March 29, 2015
- Fri. 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sat. 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Sun. 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Continuing Education Credit:
- 15.0 hours of NBCC continuing education credit available for professional counselors *
- Green Door Gourmet
7011 River Road Pike
Nashville TN 37209
- Google Map
(We have a limited number of partial scholarships available for those who would otherwise be unable to participate. Please contact Sarah Kopcsak at firstname.lastname@example.org for details. We would love to have you join us!)
- Note: This workshop is being offered at the price of $250 in Nashville even though comparable workshops by this trainer have been held elsewhere for significantly more. We are doing this because of our commitment to make this training as affordable as possible to minimize the barrier that cost can present to young people and people with lower incomes.
Registration For Breakthroughs in Brain Science
For More Information:
Please contact Sarah Kopcsak at email@example.com.
* TLPCA has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, #6376. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. TLPCA is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.